Psst… Plantsome is opening a warehouse in Calgary and is looking for two talented people to join the Plantsome fam and take us to the next level (or shall we say, province!).
If daily warehouse operations, general plant care, and leadership is your thing, keep reading!
At Plantsome, we believe that plants do incredible things for people - they bring joy, health, and simple, unpretentious beauty to the world. Bringing people and plants together is what Plantsome is all about and we love to have fun while doing it!
Plantsome is looking to fill two positions: Warehouse Supervisor (Full-Time) and Shopkeeper (Part-Time).
1) Warehouse Supervisor - Full-time*Must be based in Calgary, Alberta.
As our Warehouse Supervisor you will be in a leadership position at our Calgary facility. In this role, you will be overseeing the general operation of the facility in Calgary which will include coaching and mentorship of your team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supervising, improving, and participating in the daily operations within the warehouse
- Optimizing in- and out-flow of warehouse operations including picking, packing, staging, receiving, and counting goods
- General plant care: ensuring that plants get looked after appropriately while they are in our care.
- Establishing a rock star team of shopkeepers and providing on-the-job coaching and training to them
- Clear, weekly communication with head-office around any challenges, opportunities, and needs regarding the procurement of material, inventory, or maintenance.
At Plantsome we win and lose together as a team! We are all responsible for the collective result and as such, we take great care in selecting candidates that embody that spirit. And if you love being around plants, you'll have no problem adjusting to your new lush and green work environment!
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in a warehouse or retail environment
- 2+ years of experience in warehouse operations (receiving, counting, staging, picking, packing)
- 2+ years experience managing a team of 3 or more. Including optimizing staffing hours and hiring new team members
Please respond with your resume and a cover letter to let us know why you think you're the perfect fit to join our ever-growing Plantsome family!
2) Shopkeeper - Part-Time*Must be based in Calgary, Alberta.
The hard work that our Shopkeepers do to pick and pack the right plants and pots is essential to the success of Plantsome. That's where you come in!
Plantsome is looking for a part-time shopkeeper. What does that shiny title mean? Well, in a nutshell, you will be doing all of the important work that gets our green amigos into the hands of our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Receiving goods from shippers and suppliers into the inventory of Plantsome. This includes quality inspection and checking if all that was ordered is accounted for.
- Fulfilling customer orders by carefully picking the plants, pots, and accessories from inventory, packing them safely into boxes ensuring the highest degree of accuracy.
- Helping with cleaning and day to day maintenance of our lush green warehouse and common areas
- Caring for our green amigos to ensure we are shipping happy and healthy plants to Plantsome customers everywhere. Ensuring plants are watered on time and in the right amounts
- Counting and adjusting inventory where necessary
Do either of these roles excite you?! Well, then we want to hear from you!
What the next steps will look like:
- Apply through our career page.
- If you meet our requirements, we will set up a date to chat so we can get to know you a little better.
- If it feels like a match made in heaven on our end, and the feeling is mutual on yours - then we’ll make you an offer!
We can’t wait to hear from you.
Good luck! 🍀